Saturday, August 7, 2010

Napoleon Wright 1880 - 1962

Napoleon Wright near Mt. Rainier 



Welcome to my first post. I don't know where is the best place to start so guess I will just jump in and worry about the order later. This group of Wrights, Hills and Taylors started in North Carolina (what is now Mitchell County) at least as far back as 1800, moved to Wise County VA and my particular branch went on to Meeker County MN then to Washington State. The Wrights Hills and Taylors intermarried so much that as Jeff Foxworthy says "there is no fork in the family tree". I am using this blog as a place to share, to hopefully find new information, and to keep track of all of the gems I have been given from cousins found through the Internet. I just received this picture from his granddaughter so it is one of my new treasures. Napoleon was the son of Weitzal Avery Wright and Sarah Taylor. Sarah Taylor was the daughter of William Taylor and Dicey Hill. And Dicey Hill's parents were most likely Swinfield and Elizabeth Hill. Do these names mean anything to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment