Friday, August 27, 2010

Sylvia Wright Field

Sylvia was one of the three sisters that moved to Spokane County.  Born 2 Oct 1872 she was two years younger than Marguarite and about 5 years older than Clarissa (Clara). Sylvia was born in Meeker. She married Oren Field on January 21, 1897. Oren was 29. On the marriage certificate it looked like she was 22 but I suppose it could be 27, since that is how old she would have been if you matched up the birth and marriage dates. But if you look at all of the census entries she was 22 when they married which would have made her birth year1875 born between John Wesley and Clara. They both resided in Spokane County when they married but the marriage took place in Yakima County They lived on a farm their whole married life. They did not have any children. Uncle Oren though was a family favorite (long before I came along). My grandmother named my father after Oren Field. But he was not the first to be named after Oren. John Wesley Wright brother of Sylvia also had an Oren. My father developed his love for music because of his great uncle Oren Field. I think he taught my father how to play the double belled Euphonium (like in "76 Trombones" from Music Man). Sylvia died 25 May 1939.  I really do not know anymore, but will keep you informed if I find out anymore.

1 comment:

  1. So does this make Sylvia's on both side of the family at about the same time (wasn't Maxine's cousin Sylvia?)

    ReplyDelete